Our annual 5K/10K fun run and walk takes place each year in June at the beautiful Hunting Hollow of Henry W. Coe State Park. The course is a relatively flat dirt road that follows the valley occasionally crossing the potentially wet creek. It is an in and out course with the 5K turn around halfway up the valley while the 10K follows Hunting Hollow to its end. The 5K and 10K start together at 9:00am at the Hunting Hollow parking lot and also finish there. 2019 Results posted.
Late Spring flowers such as California roses, lupines, and clarkias can still be found along the course at this time of the year. Large oak, sycamore, and bay trees are scattered throughout the course along the valley floor. Occasionally along the way you might see some of the local residents such as deer, coyotes or bobcats. A golden eagle, red tailed hawk, or a turkey vulture could be gliding on the warm air currents over your head as you go.
Proceeds from this event are used by the Pine Ridge Association to fund projects benefiting Coe Park.
- Under 14, 14-19,20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Medals to first three finishers in each division
- Trophies to overall top finishers
- Children aged 10 or under is $10
- Early registration which ends 6/2 is $30
- Late registration (online only until 6/6) is $35
- Race day registration is $40