Join us in October 2023 for the next Fall Tarantula Fest.
Come to the Coe Park Tarantula Fest and rub elbows (so to speak) with some of our fuzzy, friendly eight-legged guests of honor. The event is held at the headquarters campground, which has breathtaking views across the ridges and canyons of the backcountry.
- Take a leisurely nature walk with a volunteer naturalist and search for tarantulas
- Enjoy exhibits of wildlife and the natural world around us.
- Hang out at our kids' activities table and create Tarantula Fest keepsakes
- Tarantulas and other spiders on display
- Take a leisurely hike with a volunteer to look for tarantulas in the wild
- Can you toss the bean bag into the Tarantula hole?
- Learn about some of the animals that live in Coe
- See live birds of prey and other local wildlife presented by the Wildlife Education and Rehabilitation Center (WERC)
- Learn about snakes & hold one if you wish
- See the inside of a real bee hive
- Learn how to geocache and go on a guided walk to look for treasures
- Try your hand at roping a steer
- Make your own planter box and plant some seeds
- And more ...
Hamburgers, veggie burgers, and hot dogs will be available for prepurchase. All meals will be served with chips, cookies, and lemonade.
Burgers will be $10, hot dogs $8. Tarantula Fest Meal Orders are Closed.
Admission to the festival is free; however, there is a parking fee for day use of $8 per car (senior rate for 62+ is $7). Please carpool to save yourselves some money and help us conserve parking space.